* The Fast of the Dormition has begun and will last through the 15th. The remaining Paraklesis Service are on the 11th and 13th. We will celebrate the feast of the Dormiton of the Theotokos with Orthros and Divine Liturgy on the evening of Thursday, August 14th.
* Katherine Sarah Habeeb will be baptized on Saturday, August 16th at 2:00 p.m. Please keep her and her family in your prayers!
* We will be serving at The Stewpot on Saturday, August 30th along with volunteers from Holy Resurrection. Please see Cheryl Pigott for details.
* The Ladies of St. Peter will be meeting for lunch at Macaroni Grill following the Liturgy and Coffee Hour on Sunday, September 21st .
* St. Peter's will be hosting the Parish Life Conference next year. The dates for the conference will be June2010-14. This will a wonderful opportunity to showcase our parish. More information will be available in the future.
Fasting Discipline for August
The traditional fasting (no meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, wine and oil) is observed from August 1 through August 14 (the Dormition Fast), except on August 6th (Feast of the Transfiguration) when fish and wine are permitted. The traditional fasting is again observed on the remaining Wednesdays and Fridays of the month; however, a strict fast is observed on August 29th, the Commemoration of the Beheading of the Forerunner.
Major Commemorations During August
Aug 15 Dormition of the Theotokos
Aug 29 Beheading of the Forerunner